Re: Installing Orca from svn under Debian

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 11:01:30AM +1000, Jan and Bertil Smark Nilsson wrote:

> That's interesting. I did exactly that, but only Orca was removed. The
> only difference is that I used apt-get instead of aptitude.

I have read elsewhere that apt-get is deprecated. I don't know whether it will
be removed as a result, but it does seem to be on the way out.

This doesn't prevent us from using it in the short term, but I am trying to
switch entirely to aptitude for package management.