Installing Orca from svn under Debian

I have Mario's latest (2.23.4) Debian experimental Orca package installed, but
in order to help with some bugs I may need to install the latest code from
svn.

If I try to remove gnome-orca, aptitude wants to remove various other
Gnome accessibility-related packages.

Is it possible to have two versions of Orca installed (the svn development
version and a Debian package) without conflicts, and somehow switch between
them? If not, what would you recommend as the best setup?

I've run aptitude build-depends gnome-orca/experimental
which should make it possible to build Orca.