Net installer problem (fwd)

Greetings,

For various reasons, I had to reinstall Debian today. I used the net installer CD. It all went very well. However, My HP pavilion computer doesn't like e100. It doesn't matter whether I try Fedora or Debian or Ubunto. I always have to use modprobe and remove e100 and insert eepro100. This has always worked well. But today, when I replaced e100 with eepro100, the screen started scrolling and telling me "eth0: freeing mc frame). Out of the corner of my finger, I think that I read something about "no ipv6 router", but it disappeared too quickly.

Although I've been using various distributions of Debian for the last couple of years, I've never come across this problem.

I'd appreciate any ideas regarding how to solve this problem.

Bertil Smark Nilsson