problems after espeak upgrade

Hi.  I ran into a strange problem after the upgrade to espeak 1.36.02-1.
Espeak switched from English to another language I don't recognize.  This happened with speech-dispatcher.
Restarting speech-dispatcher didn't fix it, I had to actually reboot.  Both Orca and spd-say were effected.
Before I file a bug, I would like to know if anyone else has this problem after the upgrade.
It happened to me on 2 boxes, so I don't think it is specific to my setup.

          Kenny