Re: kernel 2.6.24 & speakup

(No need to CC me, please just mail the debian-boot list.)

On Tuesday 18 March 2008, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > The module will first need to be included in the regular Debian kernel
> > image packages of course.
>
> Ah, can't it be a separate package?
> (speakup can now be compiled fully independently)

You'll need to discuss that with the kernel team. From an installer PoV life
would be slightly easier if it were included in the regular kernel images.
And if it is part of the upstream kernel source, I personally see no reason
why it should not be.