Re: a11y tag in bug tracking system?

Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@ens-lyon.org> writes:

> On my FOSDEM slides, I mentioned the idea of adding an "a11y" tag to
> bugs, just like there is already an l10n tag.  That would probably help
> tracking bugs like #380612 (colorblind support in crack-attack), and
> maybe they could be automatically forwarded to the debian-accessibility
> list to help triggering discussions?

One problem I see is that submitters will usually not know they are
supposed to use the a11y tag.  But if they do, why not.
AIUI, tags can just be used and do not have to be specially created, but
I might be wrong.  Did you already investigate this?

I hope this doesn't lead to: "Oh, this is an a11y bug, I dont
need to care about this."  Most real accessibility issues will be
bugs against upstream anyway, I wonder if it makes much sense to load
the Debian BTS up with stuff the maintainer would need to forward...

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>