Re: Orca, liblouis and contracted braille support

Jason White <jason@jasonjgw.net> writes:

> According to this page:
> http://live.gnome.org/Orca/Braille
> Orca supports contracted (Grade II) braille output with the liblouis library.
>
> I think liblouis would be a good candidate for a Debian package.

Any takers for this one?

> This support could then be enabled in Orca, although it appears to
> require a ./configure option, unfortunately.

The configure option is not a problem at all.
gnome-orca is currently "arch: all" which is great since it does not
need to be autobuilt.  liblouis support will add architecture
dependent components, which should rpobably be split out into
gnome-orca-louis.  Patches (against gnome-orca in experimental) welcome.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>