Is Orca broken in Sid, or just in my installation?

Orca -t gives a long backtrace related to gnome-speech, which I can provide if
others are unable to reproduce it. Is anybody else experiencing this?

Orca used to work, but it no longer does following some upgrade or other over
the last few months. I eliminated my ~/.orca directory and ran orca -t, which
gave the backtrace.

Incidentally, I plan to use an Emacspeak speech server rather than
Gnome-speech, but Orca's setup procedure insists on loading gnome-speech
anyway.