Re: soft braille terminal?

How about "software that allows the computer to work with a braille display."

Tom

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007, Mario Lang wrote:

Hi.

While packaging brltty 3.8 I noticed again that I am not
really happy with our current short package description which reads:
brltty - Access software for a blind person using a soft braille terminal

I am not an english native speaker, but it kind of
reads wrong to me.  I know that the term refreshable braille display
is being used on the brltty homepage, and soft braille terminal
reads like a kind of a shorter substitute, but this all makes no sense,
since a braille display has to be refreshable anyway
to be useful, or does anyone know braille displays that are
computer controlled and not refreshable? :-)

"Access software" is also not really very informative, neither really
correct.

I take better suggestions.  Please offer some, the best will
be selected and used.
--
CYa,
 .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang@db.debian.org