Re: Extending accessibility support in D-I for Lenny

On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 09:26:06AM -0600, John Heim wrote:

> If braille already works fine. Well, that is obviously good. But we're not
> thinking everybody should just get a braille display, are we?

What I said after that was roughly the following: there is a strong community
of developers surrounding the BRLTTY project, as Mario indicated. What needs
to happen now is that one or more developers interested in, or in need of,
console-level speech support should take up the task of smoothing the
rough edges of one of the existing solutions at the console level, or even
write a new one (though the former path would be easier, I think).

Recent discussions on this list are encouraging, however.