Re: status of obsolete packages speakup-cvs and kernel-image-speakup-i386 in Etch ?

 Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@ens-lyon.org> writes:

>> Is someone interested in updating and maintaining these packages ?

 > So, still no news about this?  It looks like if nothing is done,
 > speakup will just be dropped from Debian, which would be quite
 > unfortunate.

 > I can work on it but I lack hardware, would that be still ok if
 > people try my experimental packages before uploading to unstable?

I'd like to help, but I have a little experience and slow computer (to
compile a speakup patched standard debian kernal it takes about 3
hours). But I could test experimental kernels (only for i386
architecture), I guess.

~~
Roman
out