Re: Orca on debian?

 Petra Ritter <petra@access-for-all.ch> writes:

 > Hello, Has anyone here installed Gnome with the SR Orca on a Debian
 > system?  If so what is the experience with it?

 > Bay the way is Orca included in the newest Gnome or nedd it to be
 > installed later.

I've compiled the sr orca in my debian/testing, using
"python-pyorbit-dev" from experimental.
I can only read menus of gnome-panel, heare window names while switching
windows with alt-tab, heare workspace names while switching workspaces
with ctrl-alt-arrow, read window menu(witch can be accessed with
alt-space) and use just two apps: gnome-terminal and nautilus.
I've tried to use gaim(from testing) and openoffice-writer (from unstable v. 2.0.4), but orca says
"unaccessable.". I even can't access orca property window!

As window manager I use metacity.

~~
Roman
out