Re: W00t, It Speaks, One Final Question (was: Serial Install ...)

Hi,
I'm replying to my own message actually. This is just a quick note to let you know that after having substituted the small s with a capital one in console=ttyS0, serial output now works as expected. This is highly cool, I can see it slowly drawing the ASCII graphics on the virtual terminal screen. My screen reader, that is Supernova, even follows the Debian menu selection in the installer automatically with speech, and no arrow key problems either. Regarding Hyperterminal, I left bps to 9600 and got the best results by leaving the terminal type to auto.

It seems I'll soon be able to install Debian on my own and can keep the installation guide as well as a nice tutorial at hand. One final question, though, how can I force Debian to continue using the serial port even after installation? I'd need to be able to do that till I get brltty running or something.

Gotta get some sleep as it's about 1 at the morning here.
Yet again thanks to everyone who contributed in this thread. You saved my day.

--
With kind regards Veli-Pekka Tätilä (vtatila@mail.student.oulu.fi)
Accessibility, game music, synthesizers and more: