Re: no brltty after knoppix hd-install

"attila konietzka" <attilakonietzka@gmx.de> writes:

> I was just installing Knoppix-debian 3.2 on my harddrive, and was so happy
> that everything went so smoothly.
> But after i rebooted my system the surprise came...no Brltty.
> I clarified it in the syslinux.cfg and still it didn't come up.
> So why the installer didn't grab my whole config?

You will have to talk with Knoppix people about this bug.
The brltty support for the Knoppix installer was not developed inside the
Debian project.  In fact, until now I was not even
aware that they were providing such a feature.

The Debian Installer solves this problem by explicitly
apt-getting brltty into the base system in brltty's prebaseconfig
script.  Reason for this hack is that brltty is not
part of the base system, and therefore needs to be installed
explicitly before rebooting.  I do not know how Knoppix
does that, or if they have infrastructure for doing such things at all.

--
CYa,