Re: debian install disks with brltty

Cheryl Homiak <chomiak@chartermi.net> writes:

> Hi all.

Hi

> Just thought I would let you know that I just made sets of the
> current woody rescue/root disks modified and supplemented with
> brltty according to the instructions in Bootdisks/README.Debian and
> they load fine.

before going any further, thanks a lot for your report !  I didn't
have any since BRLTTY v3.0.

> didn't go through an actual install or rescue
> operation but not expecting problems.

if so, let me know

> I only encountered two problems:
> putting a text table in the .configure wasn't mentioned so I had to
> do it over and include the text-table since I didn't want to have to
> do any adjusting later..

yes, I forgot that -- I'll fix it and summit patch to Dave Mielke

> 2. I got an error about no help directory when I tried to go from
> ./configure to "make install." You do have to do "make'.

Well -- again, I'll mention not to forget running "make" before "make
install", despite "make install" can probably require "make" (Makefile
prerequisite added to target install) soon.

> I realize that debian's installation will be quite different in
> future distributions and this method will become obsolete, but woody
> will be with us yet for a while and I appreciate having the option
> of using braille with installs and rescues (I also now have the
> further option of knoppix if my cdrom is working0.
> These floppies can come in handy if you make a mistake and can't get
> back into your system by other means.

sure -- I won't give these floppies up before a long quarantine with
new d-i ones :-)  But d-i ones are about to be released, sooner than we
could dream of, aren't they (for the end of the year) ?

> Thanks to all who worked on this.

thanks to you
--
Boris Daix