Re: Is Debian Gnome 2.2 with Gnopernicus actually working ?

Nath <nath.ml@free.fr> writes:

> I decided to re-install the Debian Gnome 2
> packages. But unfortunatly after installing and launching the startx
> script I obtain the same errors I obtained the last time I installed and
> try all these packages. To give you an idea about these errors here is
> what is displayed in the text console when I launch startx :
>
> GTK Accessibility Module initialized
>
> (gnome-session:4372): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: gsignal.c:1082: unable to lookup signal "link-selected" for non instantiatable type `AtkHypertext'

[...many other link_selected not found warnings deleted...]

> So, my questions : Have you ever experienced the same problem ?

I do see the same warnings when launching stuff, yes.

> Is Gnopernicus and Gnome 2 from Debian packages working for you ?
Yes, it works for me. I am sure some things work incorrectly due to the
missing signal, but I was not able to figure out exactly what is influenced.

> If I remember well, I explain these problem before on the
> gnome-accessibility mailing-list and it was told that the libatk version
> in Debian was too old. Have you heard about this too ? and if it's the
> case, what about packages taken from the Debian experimental version ?
> can we find there more recent gnome packages ?
I think the best thing to do is file a wishlist bug against atk1.0 for
a new package version.  atk is at version 1.3.5 at the gnome ftp archive.

I will do that.

--
CYa,