DAM, DRAFT v0.1

Hi,

   Here is the text output of the Debian GNU/Linux Accessibility
Manual, structure only (I have to start somewhere).  We only have
illustrations for sight-impaired people stuff, but again, we'll
include other stuff as it comes.  It's just to get feedback about
structure for this shot.

   The file is here, as it's not yet too big :-) I'm about to provide
an HTML version, and to set up a repository.  Please do remarks on the
list so that we can discuss them here.

Thanks

                   Debian GNU/Linux Accessibility Manual
                   -------------------------------------

                   Boris Daix <Boris.Daix@insa-lyon.fr>

                         DRAFT, v0.1 19 March 2003

Abstract
--------

     The Debian GNU/Linux Accessibility Manual tries to cover all
     accessibility aspects of a Debian GNU/Linux system.

Copyright Notice
----------------

     Copyright © 2003 Boris Daix

     Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document
     under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License
     (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html), Version 1.2 or any later
     version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant
     Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts.

Contents
--------

     1.        Preface
     1.1.      Scope
     1.2.      Obtaining the latest version of this document
     1.3.      How to contribute ?
     1.4.      Acknowledgments
     1.5.      Conventions

     2.        Guidelines
     2.1.      Guideline for administrators
     2.2.      Guideline for developers

     3.        Specific tools
     3.1.      Tools for sight-impaired people
     3.2.      ...

     4.        Accessible tools
     4.1.      Tools for sight-impaired people
     4.2.      ...

     5.        Cookbook
     5.1.      Cookbook for sight-impaired people
     5.2.      ...

1. Preface
----------

1.1. Scope
----------

     This manual is designed to be helpful for impaired people on one hand,
     and for all other people that want to take care of accessibility
     (administrators, developers, and so on) on the other.

     The structure of this document should allow not to read it from
     beginning to end, and to come back to tips or whatever very fast.

     Of course all what's here is dedicated to Debian GNU/Linux, but I
     guess most ideas may be ported somewhere else.  And if it's not the
     case, why wouldn't you install Debian ?...

1.2. Obtaining the latest version of this document

     Well, it's not even released.

1.3. How to contribute ?
     its subject field.

1.4. Acknowledgments