Debian Installer disk with BRLTTY (alpha version)

Hello.

I'm toying with this since November last year or so, but I just
managed to do a complete install with the brltty enabled d-i install
disk.  If anyone is interested and wants to have a look at
how current state of things are, give it a shot.  Just remember
to backup your data before you do anything, this is really
alpha quality, and could still have many potenially data-killing
bugs.

You can get the disk image from:
http://people.debian.org/~mlang/net-brl-1440.img

Find my instllation-report for this disk at:

How to do it?
-------------

Since there is no reliable way to do display autodetection, you have
to specify your display type, and possibly device used on the
boot prompt.  The boot prompt appears approximately 5 seconds
after the first boot from the floppy disk.  You can hear when it prompts
you when your floppy drive stops seeking.
Enter:

linux brltty=driver-code,device,text-table

For instance, for a PowerBraille display (driver code ts) connected
to tts/1 (the second com port) and a german text-table (de), I use:

linux brltty=ts,tts/1,de

After the installer finishes unpacking the initrd and loading (approx. 5-10 seconds
after the floppy drive finally stops seeking), you should see your
braillee display initialize, and have full access to the text-based installer.

Have fun, and be careful, you've been warned.

--
CYa,