Re: Step 1: Persons

On Tue, 29 Sep 2020 20:07:12 +0200, gregor herrmann wrote:

> > I think your whole proposal is wonderful and it makes sense to me. I
> > would like to start sharing my thoughts about section 1 Persons:
> Great. I changed the subject for this email thread, and I quote for
> reply for others to comment and expand on:

Sorry for the long delay, I was hoping to get more proposals before
summarising them but here we go.

I'm taking your ideas and what's on the wiki and maybe a bit of my
ideas :) and bring them together:

> > ###
> > 1. PERSONS
> > Who is involved, as providers (organisers, trainers) and participants?
> > A: Teckids and Dominik George are participating as providers of the
> > infrastructure as well as participants and organisers, Debian
> > Developers, contributors, users, Moodle experts, system administrators,
> > programmers, users and people interested to push E-Learning about Debian
> > Development are organisers, currently we do not have trainers and the
> > participants around Debian Academy to take a course should be Debian
> > users. We do want to have participants who would like to be trainers or
> > instructors to create courses and to teach, due they will be the core to
> > share the knowledge about Debian Development to Debian users who are
> > interested to learn how Debian is made and how they could help in
> > different areas inside the Debian Project.
> >
> > What do we know about them, their explicit or guessed needs and
> > expectations, their prior and/or required knowledge, skills, attitudes?
> > A: We know the current participants are people committed with Debian,
> > Free Software and with interest to spread knowledge about the Debian
> > Project in an audiovisual way.
> > ###
>
> > What do you think everybody? Is this a good way to start the discussion
> > around the section 1?

1. PERSONS

1.a Providers:

- In general:
  "People committed to Debian and Free Software, and with interest to
  spread knowledge about the Debian Project in an audiovisual way."

- Planning/coordination:
  Some interested people (Jathan, Mitja, eamanu, I guess me as well :))
  Needed and hopefully provided: skills in project organization :)

- Infrastructure:
  People: Teckids and Dominik George
  + interested helpers (Jathan, eamanu, mitja)
  Skills needed and provided: experience in running e-learning tools
  and providing (e-)learning + Debian background

- Trainers/instructors:
  Some interested people (samueloph, highvoltage, eamanu); more
  needed later.
  Skills needed and provided: experienced Debian contributors, some
  e-teaching experience (I guess?)
  Wanted: people with experience in both Debian contributions and
  (e-)teaching skills / experience in adult education, after we have
  defined the aim, tpopics and objectives.

1.b Participants/learners/target group:

>From above: "Debian users who are interested to learn how Debian is made and how
they could help in different areas inside the Debian Project."

From the wiki: "Debian users who are curious about how things are all
made, who want to look behind the curtain in a nice way and probably
find out how they could be part of the game themselves."

Everybody: please read, think, and comment on the draft above.
Are these all groups? Are there more or other reald or perceived
needs, do we have more or other requirements? Please also expand on
the wordings and/or improve Jathan's and my English :)

Cheers,
gregor

--
 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe