Re: Debian 11 installation attempt / walkthrough

Am 23.12.22 um 10:41 schrieb Stefan Niestegge:

Step 3
------

Finalizing the installation: D-I asks for what additionals software to install.
For now i kept it at the defaults, only basic systemtools and ssh server.
No desktop environment, i'll install a windowmanager, x11 and a slim
desktop later.
Any DE here will be much too fat for the poor little Atari.

The download and installation takes about 8-10h now.

After all is set up and done, i get once more notified that no
bootmanager has been installed and that i have to pass "root=/dev/sda2"
to the kernel when i manually boot linux.

So i modified the bootargs file on the TOS drive and change
root=/dev/ram into root=/dev/sda2

If i only use the kernel and remove the initrd= parameter,
Linux can't find the root device and panics. If i leave the initrd
argument as-is and reboot, i run into the D-I again and not into
my new installed system.

So, i need a solution to mount one of my TOS accessible drives, after
setup is finished, in order to copy over the kernel and initrd that was
installed in /boot .

I'm sure this is a solveable issue.

Greets,
Stefan