hd-media initrd not working on Amiga

Hi Debian m68k people,

I finally have my 68060 accelerator for an Amiga 1200 and I would like to retake installing Debian m68k on it. However, I do not have a CD drive so I must use other install method. The most convenient one seems to be the hd-media initrd.gz, that looks for a installation ISO imagen on a supported HDD partition and mount it as it were the CD. My amiboot command line looks like:

amiboot -d -k //kernels/vmlinuz-5.10.0.-7-m68k -r //hd-media/initrd.gz root=/dev/ram fb=false

For preparing the install from the hd-media, I downloaded the ISO image [1] and put in the root of an ext2 partition in my HDD. Afterwards, I run d-i from the hd-media initrd.gz; this starts the "iso-scan" stage of d-i that looks for support filesystems in the HDD partitions, mount them and look for the Debian ISO. Then I face two problems:

	1. The pata_gayle IDE driver is not available on the hd-media. I must proceed with the legacy gayle driver.
	2. At the "iso-scan" stage in d-i, the kernel is not able to mount any filesystem yet, not even ext2 partitions. So finding the ISO image will fail and the installation cannot continue. It looks like d-i is not able to mount even a ext2 partition until the "Load installer components from installation media" stage has succeed, that cannot happen without installation media.

So my question is: how I would be able to install Debian m68k on my real Amiga without CD?

Regards,
Carlos

[1] https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/ports/snapshots/2021-06-09/debian-10.0.0-m68k-NETINST-1.iso

Carlos Milán Figueredo