Re: TO DO, was Re: localtalk, pcmcia etc.

On Sat, 15 Aug 2020, I wrote, incorrectly:

> I think macfb could be replaced entirely by simplefb and some nubus
> drivers, now that nubus has actual drivers under the Linux driver model
> (as of Linux v4.16).

I was forgetting about palette operations. So macfb is actually required
for on-board video hardware.

> As of Linux v5.1 you can configure SCC IOP bypass using /dev/nvram on
> 68k Macs. (I wonder whether PRAM reset would enable or disable
> bypass...)

/dev/nvram functionality works on IIfx but not Quadra 900/950 models
because there's no Caboose driver yet. RTC and soft power control
functionality are also missing on Quadra 900/950 for the same reason.