Re: [Pkg-pascal-devel] Debugging FPC build issue on m68k

Hi Adrian,

On Tue, 2020-08-04 at 22:26 +0200, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
Hi Abou!

On 8/4/20 5:33 PM, Abou Al Montacir wrote:
I started looking at the m68k build issue, but the buildd logs are not enough to
understand what happens.
I tried to find a m68k machine on porter boxes but failed to find any.
Also building a qemu image does not seem as straight forward as I expected, so
I'd like to know if anybody can help providing access to a machine or a qemu
image that I can download.
Of course, any help to debug this issue is more than welcome.

I have already reported this issue upstream [1], but so far I have not received
any feedback. Charlie (CC'ed) from upstream who is mainly responsible for the
m68k backend as far as I know said he would look into it.
It looks that Pierre already answered there and is waiting for feedback.

If you want to set up a Debian/m68k VM yourself, please have a look at [2].
That looks too complicated for me.
I don't feel having the energy to build my qemu and install my image.

I've got a qcow2 image from Laurent (many thanks)
I'm going to have a trial with qemu-system-misc (1:3.1+dfsg-8+deb10u7)
--
Cheers,
Abou Al Montacir