Re: Arch qualification for buster: call for DSA, Security, toolchain concerns

* Florian Weimer:

>>  * Concern for mips, mips64el, mipsel and ppc64el: no upstream support
>>    in GCC
>>    (Raised by the GCC maintainer; carried over from stretch)
>
> I'm surprised to read this.  ppc64el features prominently in the
> toolchain work I do (though I personally do not work on the GCC side).

The ppc64le situation has been clarified.  It's now listed explicitly
as a primary architecture, as powerpc64le-unknown-linux-gnu:

  <https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-11/criteria.html>

This has always been the intent, but I can understand that
distributions view powerpc64le-unknown-linux-gnu and
powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu quite very different things.