Re: Updated installation images for Debian Ports 2019-11-22

Le 22/11/2019 à 14:42, Laurent Vivier a écrit :
> Le 22/11/2019 à 11:28, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz a écrit :
>> On 11/22/19 11:26 AM, Laurent Vivier wrote:
>>> I tested a version of the installer on Mac (qemu-system-m68k -M q800) at
>>> the beginning of the week and the mac_sonic driver seemed to be missing
>>> from the initrd. Is that fixed?
>>
>> This is most likely related to the problem that the versions of the kernel
>> and module packages were mismatched. This should be fixed now.
>
> Tested, and it works fine now.

There is a remaining problem: by default, keyboard is configured to use
old keymap, macintosh_old, that is for old kernel (older than 2.4, not
for old macintosh) and console is unusable like this with 5.3.0 kernel:

  # cat /etc/default/keyboard
  # KEYBOARD CONFIGURATION FILE

  # Consult the keyboard(5) manual page.

  XKBMODEL="macintosh_old"
  XKBLAYOUT="us"
  XKBVARIANT=""
  XKBOPTIONS=""

  BACKSPACE="guess"

A correct configuration should use XKBMODEL="macintosh".

Is it possible to update the configuration set by default by the installer?

Thanks,
Laurent