Re: Aranym installation, was Re: Centris 650 Debian 10 SID Installation

On Fri, 21 Jun 2019, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

> I would think that no one would argue that a modern laptop, smartphone
> or smart TV is the same as a DEC3000 running OSF/1 in a local network.

And yet, Linux/mips supports both DECstation 5000 and Lemote Yeeloong.

> The latter doesn't know anything about dynamic networks, hardware and
> power management, but the former do. systemd supports dynamic changes,
> sysvinit does not. It's an absolute no-brainer what to use in 2019.

2019? Now you're reaching. How about 2038?

For the record, if you want dynamic changes on your Amiga or DECstation,
your options aren't limited to just systemd. You can get that from openrc.