Re: Aranym installation, was Re: Centris 650 Debian 10 SID Installation

On 6/21/19 8:25 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On 6/21/19 3:57 PM, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
>>> Well, is there actually a valid reason to have a separate /usr? I don't
>>> see any.
>>
>> Not anymore, given the size of modern hard drives.
>> It was when 240 MB was considered a very expensive hard drive.
>
> Oh sure. I don't deny that there was reason. I just say that basically no one
> does it anymore and the majority of Linux applications is not tested for
> this type of partitioning.

Then the Debian installer should mention that a separate /usr is not
supported instead of making it appear (in the partitioning phase) that
having a separate /usr is a viable option.  I realize that applies more
generally to Debian distributions and isn't directly related to the m68k
or powerpc ports.