Re: Aranym installation, was Re: Centris 650 Debian 10 SID Installation

On 6/21/19 3:36 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> Forking hundreds of shell instances for doing simple things like string
> substitution isn't efficient. It's a brain-dead design. Anyone who thinks
> that sysvinit is the original Unix design has never used an original
> Unix. sysvinit has always been a hack.

And, FWIW, I recommend reading the "Unix Hater's Handbook" [1] for anyone
who is still convinced the "old traditional Unix way" (TM) is the way to
go. It isn't. Original Unix sucks. I have used HP-UX, OSF/1 and old versions
of Solaris and they are all horrible to use.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz