Re: Centris 650 Debian 10 SID Installation

On 6/10/19 4:58 AM, userm57@yahoo.com wrote:
> The post-installation initrd could be copied to MacOS and then specified
> in Penguin, same as the installation initrd.

Patches are welcome anytime. But currently, the installer for m68k does not have
any support for installing a working bootloader on Atari, Amiga or Mac.

> If this were a user's only GNU/Linux installation, they would need to
> know to copy the initrd at the end of the installation or their new
> system might not be bootable.

Yes, I'm fully aware of that. But Debian/m68k is a hobby project and if a feature
is missing, it means I haven't had the time yet to implement it or someone didn't
send me the patches to fix that.

> It might make sense for the developers to include a post-installation
> initrd on the CD.

No, that doesn't make sense at all as initrds are specific to the computer they
are running on. Also, an Amiga or Atari can have other drivers in its initrd
than a Mac.

> A full installation that completes may fix the problem.

Indeed. I don't expect a half-broken installation to be working properly.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz