Re: Centris 650 Debian 10 SID Installation

On 6/10/19 3:14 AM, userm57@yahoo.com wrote:
>> Maybe you need to use a different initrd? There are several on the ISO.
>
> I see these:
> ./cdrom/initrd.gz
> ./hd-media/initrd.gz
> ./nativehd/initrd.gz
>
> I used ./cdrom/initrd.gz.

Which is the correct initrd for CD-ROM installations. The other ones are
completely untested, FWIW. I haven't looked, but I think there is also
a netboot initrd in the debian-installer-image tarball.

>> If the installation completed normally, the log would be found in the
>> target filesystem... please see
>> https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch06s01.html.en
>
> ok, thanks.  I don't see "/var/log/installer", so apparently it wasn't
> written.

Not surprising when the installation couldn't finish.

>> Did you run "apt-get update" after editting sources.list?
>
> No, I hadn't done that, thanks.  Unfortunately, it starts updating but
> then appears to hang while running; I'll have to try it again later.

apt can't find any packages without running "apt update".

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz