Re: Centris 650 Debian 10 SID Installation

On Mon, 10 Jun 2019, userm57@yahoo.com wrote:

> Using the serial console works after all -- I just had to hit "1" to
> start the installer.  I'll send another update if I learn a solution to
> the keycode problem on the framebuffer console.

Once you replace systemd, I imagine you could simply disable
/etc/init.d/keyboard-setup.sh which belongs to the console-setup-linux
package:
https://packages.debian.org/sid/all/console-setup-linux/filelist

There's probably a better way to resolve this using the configuration
files but I'm afraid I don't know what that might be.

You may want to file a bug report with bugs.debian.org against the
console-setup package (once you establish that
/etc/init.d/keyboard-setup.sh really is the cause of the problem).

It would be interesting to know whether this problem also affects
PowerMacs, being that some of those machines also use ADB HID.

BTW, when I install using Aranym (Atari ST) and boot the result using Qemu
(Quadra 800) there's no keymap problem. I assume that's because
console-setup-macintoshold-ekmap was never installed but I'm just
guessing.