Re: Updated installation images for Debian Ports 2019-04-20

On Tue, 4 Jun 2019, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

> ... I cannot guarantee at the moment that the image will work fine on
> your particular machine. So, it would be best if you burnt the ISO image
> yourself onto a CD-RW (rewritable CD-R).

For compatiblity with old OEM optical drives, I find that CD-R media works
best.

Adrian is right that this does risk wasting media. But if the installer
ISO works in Aranym then the CD-R should work on a stock SE/30 -- with the
proviso that you use the latest mac_scsi driver fixes which can be found
at my github. (Those Macs which use the mac_esp driver don't need any
patches.)

I can provide you with a download link for a kernel build if you like. The
installer should work with this kernel because the Mac drivers are all
built-in.