Re: Updated installation images 2019-01-21

On Mon, 21 Jan 2019 12:48:34 +0100
John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have created updated installation images for Debian Ports,
> please find the updated images below and test them [1].
>
> Feedback welcome.
>
> Adrian
>
> > [1] https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/ports/2019-01-21/

I recently downloaded this, and over the weekend did some testing.

Ran into the same "Device /dev/hda has multiple (0) logical sectors per physical
sector....." error's in the partitioning section as reported Sept 7
last year.

Is there a way to tell the installer to not partition the drive as that
has already been done?

Also ran into the issue that once the above error happens, the only way
to move forward is kill partman that's hung, and trying to force
the install to move to the install stage. Selecting to do that multiple
times.

I then had to manually mount the partition on /target
The installer continued for 48hours, and at the end the final stage of
finishing up failed and the system didn't regenerate a new
intrid/kernel.

--
Stephen - Vk3heg