Re: Amiga - install from harddrive

Hello!

On 10/16/2017 10:04 AM, koxman wrote:
past weekend I tried to install Debian 9.0 m68k on Amiga 1200 + Blizzard 1260.

I haven't used cd/dvd for long time so I tried to place iSO files on AFFS partition.
Unfortunately I was not successful. No matter what option I used, always get VFS unable to mount root fs.

Is the installation form Amiga FFS supported?

It is generally supported. However, this part of the installer hasn't been touched
for a long time and is still on my TODO list, so it's currently not really expected
to work.

Also, the driver for the Blizzard SCSI interface also needs some work which is planned
to happen within the next weeks.

What is the difference between "hd-media" and "nativehd" ?

No idea actually.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz