Re: Dropping old fdisk utilities

On 09/22/2017 10:20 AM, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> Why is mac-fdisk not built for release architectures?!?
> It can be used on any platform to (re)partition a disk for Mac.

Maybe it has some architecture-specific code in it which won't
build on the other architectures, who knows?

> (G)parted may have more users, but AFAIK Debian is not a distribution
> that's known for limiting the choice of its users to a single tool for
> a specific
> purpose (though not intending to start a new systemd flamewar ;-).

This is not about limiting choice. This is about getting rid of
unmaintained code as I have explained before. mac-fdisk already
caused breakage in debian-installer which could have been avoided.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz