Re: Installing with new Installer-Image

Am 16.09.2017 um 03:39 schrieb Finn Thain:
On Fri, 15 Sep 2017, Stefan Niestegge wrote:

Anyway, you need to get past the "Load installer components from CD" step
if you want to load the Ext filesystem modules and mount an Ext
filesystem.

i see.

Which means you need a working CD-ROM. From looking at the Linux docs, my
guess would be something like this:

# modprobe falconide
# mknod /dev/hda b 3 0
# mknod /dev/hdb b 3 64

i did these

and probably,

# ln -s hdX /dev/cdrom

it won't hurt, so i did this, too
... for some X representing your CD-ROM, derived from kernel log messages.
--> ln -s /dev/hdb /dev/cdrom , correct (i tried both)?

Then run the "Detect and mount CD" and "Load installer components from CD"
steps. Hopefully, you'll then find that "mount /dev/sd..." works.
(Untested.)

no, CDROM still not detected. The D-I hardware detection searches on the SCSI-Zip drive, but the CDROM does not even spin up.

I can upload pics of my screen output to google pics, if that is of any help. Just let me know what you want to see.

Greets,
Stefan