Re: Driver for Atari IDE CDROM on Aranym

On 09/06/2017 12:57 AM, Stefan Niestegge wrote:
> I tried your CD on my Falcon. I use ExtenDOS as my CD-Driver.
> Under plain TOS, i only get 8.3 filenames, so the bootstrap executable
> doesn't find the kernel.

Ok, thanks for reporting this. Normally, the kernel should be named
"linux" and the initrd "initrd.gz" as this is how ataboot loads
them:

> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/d-i/debian-installer.git/tree/build/boot/m68k/atari-bootargs-cdrom

> I copied the content of the "install" folder to my HD and adapted the
> bootargs to the 8.3 filenames. Kernel and initrd are found now, but  a
> few moments after the "press a key to boot Linux" message, the Falcon
> reboots.

Can you test with a known working version of ataboot? It could also
be that you manually need to decompress the kernel first - at least
on AmigaOS we need to do that to get amiboot to boot the kernel.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz