Re: falconide not registering device nodes

On Mon, 4 Sep 2017, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

> On 09/04/2017 04:12 PM, Finn Thain wrote:
> > > I tried "udevadm trigger" but that didn't help.
> > >

> > I tried your initrd & kernel with the patched qemu:
>
> Installation on qemu-m68k (q800 branch) works without any issues, the
> CD-ROM drive found and used by debian-installer. The problem is Aranym.

I know. I don't have Aranym installed. And if I did have it, I'd still do
the exactly same test with qemu.

> > The SCSI CD-ROM requires cdrom & sr_mod. I don't know about IDE.
> >
> > # lsmod
> > Module                  Size  Used by
> > sr_mod                 10868  0
> > cdrom                  33376  1 sr_mod
> > esp_scsi               17694  0
> > #
>
> I will do further tests with different kernels.

The point of my email was to provide a working example. Then you could
obtain the output of "udevadm monitor" for falconide module and compare
that with my mac_esp example. I expect that this will show that the
problem lies with userspace, not the kernel.