Re: Debian installer image for Debian/m68k

On 09/02/2017 02:06 PM, Finn Thain wrote:
> In the past, yes, the Debian 3 ISO mounted fine in Mac OS. But the
> etch-m68k ISO shows up as one big audio track, as did your first attempt
> at a Debian 9 ISO.
>
> The -iso-level 4 change was an attempt to fix that by bringing m68k into
> sync with powerpc (recall that Mac OS was able to mount the Debian 6
> powerpc ISO successfully).

I see. But I never actually built an image with the option added. The
only thing I changed was using genisoimage instead of xorrisofs.

Also, the etch installation image was never official, so it's not
unlikely it has been generated incorrectly.

>> so I'm not sure whether it makes sense to modify the ISO options.
>>

> Perhaps you fixed the problem by changing from xorrisofs to genisoimage
> without patching anything? That's fine with me.

Let's leave it as is for the time being if you are confirming that
the current image can be mounted without problems on MacOS.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz