Re: Debian installer image for Debian/m68k

On 09/01/2017 11:20 AM, Sebastian Bergmann wrote:
Would FS-UAE (or similar) be able to boot this? That could prevent
"toastering" while experimenting.

Laurent is testing it in qemu-m68k. Testing with Aranym should work
as well. I never tried installing a recent version of Debian on any
variant of UAE (WinUAE, FS-UAE), but I would be very interested to
hear the results.

The more testing and bug reports we get, the faster we can improve
the image and debian-installer itself.

The relevant components are:

* debian-installer and its sub-modules:

  > https://anonscm.debian.org/git/d-i/

* debian-cd:

  > https://anonscm.debian.org/git/debian-cd

I think one major change that probably needs to happen is that d-i
is patched to use parted on m68k as well like on the other architectures.

I have contributed a patch to parted to support Atari partition
tables which was previously a blocker for that [1].

Adrian

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=239816

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz