Re: debian-installer progress and input needed

Hi Adrian,

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 11:21 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
<glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> Thus, I would to ask around which modules are needed for the various
> hardware people have, e.g. SCSI driver for 68k Macs, IDE drivers for
> Amiga and Atari and so on.
>
> The drivers need to be added to the corresponding module list in [2]
> which will add them to module packages. The module packages then
> have to be included in the pkg-list for d-i on m68k [3]. Of course,
> the drivers need to be enabled in the kernel configuration as well.

You can extract a list of SCSI/IDE drivers needed from the defconfigs at:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/arch/m68k/configs

All needed drivers should be builtin in the defconfigs above.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds