Re: Seeking Mac testers, was Re: Linux Mac68k v4.1.39 test kernel build is available

On Mon, 3 Apr 2017, Stefan Niestegge wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> we tested this kernel today on a Performa 450 (aka LC3) ADB works nice,

Thanks for testing!

> dmesg shows that the kernel detected our network card (Nubus Slot E, Mac
> LC Ethernet Adapter, Board_ID 0x2e) Its an "Asante" card, but ifconfig
> shows only loopback device.
>
> The modules had been unpacked beforehand.
>
> Is this expected behaviour?

That really depends on your distro's network scripts and their configs.

But "ifconfig -a" should reveal all network interfaces, whether configured
by your boot scripts or not. If your network interface card doesn't show
up please send the dmesg output.

BTW, you needn't unpack modules for device drivers as they are all
built-in. But you'll need the modules if you need things like ipv6 or ppp.