Re: Seeking Mac testers, was Re: Linux Mac68k v4.1.39 test kernel build is available

I can test on a Quadra 700, SE/30, and LC475 once my CD-Rs arrive, if that would be helpful.

On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 6:49 PM Finn Thain <fthain@telegraphics.com.au> wrote:
On Fri, 17 Mar 2017, I wrote:

> I've just uploaded a new kernel build to the Linux Mac68k sourceforge
> project: https://sourceforge.net/projects/linux-mac68k/files/
>
> This build has some patches for the mac_scsi and egret drivers that were
> backported from mainline v4.11-rc1. For machines that need those drivers
> (LC III etc.) this build should work better than previous releases.
> Please let me know if you encounter any regressions.
>
> AFAIK, no Macs should need v2.x unless they need the SMC9194 Nubus
> network card driver. For some reason that driver only appeared in the
> v2.2 branch in the mac68k CVS and never in mainline Linux. It isn't
> likely to get a modern rewrite any time soon so I recommend replacing
> those cards and running v4.x on any 68k Mac.

I've uploaded a second test kernel build. This one includes my patch queue
https://github.com/fthain/linux/commits/mac68k-queue

Apart from these 28 patches this build is exactly the same as the build on
sourceforge described above. It can be downloaded here,

https://www.telegraphics.com.au/~fthain/mac68k-queue/vmlinux-4.1.39-mac_scsi-egret-etc+
https://www.telegraphics.com.au/~fthain/mac68k-queue/linux-m68k-image-4.1.39-mac_scsi-egret-etc+.tar.gz

SHA1

12881647716ed02f1c9d862a588b7fc89a3d5c64  vmlinux-4.1.39-mac_scsi-egret-etc+
d7eb947eee6be997d5b0079fd15d98673d5f6a12  linux-m68k-image-4.1.39-mac_scsi-egret-etc+.tar.gz

These patches cover a wide range of Mac 68k hardware which makes it
difficult for me to test, So I'm (ab)using the Debian list to try to find
users willing to help improve test coverage prior to patch submission.

Thanks.