Re: dmasound-atari

Am 31.01.2015 um 11:53 schrieb Geert Uytterhoeven:
Hi Beetle,

On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 11:47 AM, Stefan Niestegge <beetle@abbuc.de> wrote:
Am 29.01.2015 um 17:09 schrieb Geert Uytterhoeven:
On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 12:13 PM, Stefan Niestegge <beetle@abbuc.de>
wrote:
During the meetup my Falcon was configured to start a
kernelmodule "dmasound-atari" at boot.

What is needed to configure sound with that one?

OSS or even ALSA?
The dmasound drivers still use the OSS framework.
The only howto i found for Debian Sid was here:

According to it i installed:
oss4-base oss4-source oss4-gtk

The module-assistant however, lets me know it can't get the
kernel header/kernel sources for my 3.19.-dirty kernel.

Do i need to use a release kernel for that purpose?
IIUIC, oss4-source contains the sources for the sound kernel drivers.
You already have a driver (dmasound-atari) installed, so you can skip that part.

Yes, my dmesg shows me the kernel module "dmasound-atari" gets loaded.
OSS gets started at boot, too, but fails to recognize the kernel module.
Therfore OSS doesn't get loaded and ossinfo tells me "OSS Version 4.0 or
later required" instead of found sound devices.

Thats why i was looking for an OSS4 howto.