Re[2]: Some tests with my Macintosh Centris 650

------ Original Message ------
From: "Finn Thain" <fthain@telegraphics.com.au>
To: "Scott Holder" <scott@iamscott.net>
Cc: "John Paul Adrian Glaubitz" <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de>; debian-68k@lists.debian.org
Sent: 1/24/2015 9:56:52 PM
Subject: Re: Some tests with my Macintosh Centris 650

On Sat, 24 Jan 2015, Scott Holder wrote:

 I'd be happy to try anything out on my running LC475 as well.

<snip>
Is your Debian installation up-to-date? Can you install 3.16.0-4 with
apt-get? If not, there are some links to kernel binaries below, that you
can unpack, to obtain a copy of vmlinux for use in Penguin under MacOS.
You don't need an initrd for this test.

http://snapshot.debian.org/package/linux/3.16.7-2/#linux-image-3.16.0-4-m68k_3.16.7-2

It's up-to-date to within a few days or a week. Unpacked it completely (gzip'd it ran into the Penguin size lockup bug) and I get as far as failing to mount root. I'm assuming this is the lack of filesystem drivers. Seems like it'd work with an initrd.

Scott