Re: Some tests with my Macintosh Centris 650

------ Original Message ------
From: "John Paul Adrian Glaubitz" <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de>
To: "Finn Thain" <fthain@telegraphics.com.au>
Cc: "Debian m68k" <debian-68k@lists.debian.org>
Sent: 1/24/2015 3:55:08 AM
Subject: Re: Some tests with my Macintosh Centris 650

On 01/24/2015 12:01 AM, Finn Thain wrote:
<snip>

If this really is a regression, since 3.14, an obvious suspect would be my earlyprintk patch, commit 7913ad1ad834, which appeared in 3.16. But this
 crash looks to be too early.

I would be happy to try a kernel with that patch reverted if you want
to provide one.

I'd be happy to try anything out on my running LC475 as well. I haven't quite got the hang of rolling my own kernels for m68k (or rather, building the initrd images I suspect is my main hangup) though it's probably something simple I'm overlooking. I'm trying again now with the .config mentioned in the Amiga thread earlier; not sure how well that'll work out. Still trying to get my 840AV booting Linux again too though I haven't had time to mess with that as much.

At any rate, if there are ready to go kernels I'd be happy to try it, or a guide (or list of commands even) for the right way to go about building the bits I'd take a stab at it. Would give me an excuse to work more on figuring out what happened xorg-input-abi-16 so I can get X working again.

Scott