Re: Improving the Aranym image

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz dixit:

>I actually had MIPS technologies sent me one of their CI20 boards for
>free. It's got a dual-core MIPS CPU with 1 GHz and 1 GiB RAM, Ethernet,

I’d give that a better chance of running an ARAnyM with 512 MiB RAM,
forced to CPU#1, with everything else (OS, etc.) forced to CPU#0,
which also means to *not* run irqbalance.

But for “usable” VMs, you want something like this:

processor       : 3
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 16
model           : 4
model name      : AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor
stepping        : 3
microcode       : 0x10000c8
cpu MHz         : 3400.000
bogomips        : 6830.30

⇒ about 150-200 MHz emulated

bye,
//mirabilos
--
„Cool, /usr/share/doc/mksh/examples/uhr.gz ist ja ein Grund,
mksh auf jedem System zu installieren.“