Re: meeting planning

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz dixit:

>If you want more than 4 partitions, you need to use extended
>partitions or use a machine that has UEFI.

Wrong. You can…

• use MBR extended partitions
• use Linux LVM, or similar tools
• use a GPT, BSD, etc. partition table scheme

The partitioning scheme is independent of the firmware in use.
You can boot discs with BSD disklabels and/or Sun disklabels
(SPARC OpenBOOT) on PCs, you can boot GPT-partitioned discs
on EFI and BIOS systems, etc.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
<igli> exceptions: a truly awful implementation of quite a nice idea.
<igli> just about the worst way you could do something like that, afaic.