Re: meeting planning

On 01/11/2015 11:03 AM, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> Clue me in on the details: where exactly is the meeting and what is the
> agenda?

Starting Friday afternoon at Torsten's company "tarent" in Bonn
Duisdorf.

> If there is no storm next weekend, I may drive down.

The weather forecast doesn't show any heavy storms for the
weekend:

> http://www.yr.no/place/Germany/North_Rhine-Westphalia/Bonn/long.html
> http://www.yr.no/place/Germany/Schleswig-Holstein/Kiel/long.html

> I should leave on
> friday, since it will take me 5hours at least. I would bring kullervo, maybe
> somebody can help switching the buster chip and seating the RAM expansion?

I will bring my PLCC chip puller and all screw drivers and extra tools
that would be needed. Since Michael Karcher will be around as well,
there will be at least two electronic experts on site :).

> It has been offline for a while, there were some stability problems, I don't
> remember details. But Adrian could use it for his XSurf tests (best, if you
> bring a harddisk with everything you need on it?).

Sure. Should I bring a SCSI drive or an IDE drive?

> If there are Atari experts around, I would also bring my Falcon/CT60. It
> currently boots from a CF card (testing Michaels kernels), but I would like
> to get it running from its harddisk again (repartitioning destroyed the
> working installation).

I see another potential buildd  :).

> I do not want to bring a monitor, I hope there will be some simple VGA monitor
> available? I may bring a CD-R and MOD, but I do not want to pack the whole
> museum... anything else that I should bring along?

If you can find it, bring the graphics card you mentioned that needs
a repair. I would hand it to the electronic workshop at my physics
department. They have everything to do a proper rework, even on SMD
boards.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz