Re: Meetup of the Debian m68k people

On 10/01/2014 10:16 PM, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> As I’m short on travel funds but have access to rooms via
> my employer, I’d volunteer organising a hacking weekend
> in Bonn, if there is any interest.

Bonn would actually be nice. Michael Karcher lives in Bonn and
I could probably convince him to join us for a hacking session
and he could maybe finally have his xsurf100 driver merged
into the kernel.

> even though I’m not doing that much
> for Debian/m68k any more.

Ummh, ja, you're basically doing nothing ;).

> I’ve had experience organising
> hacking days/evenings at that place. And we can certainly
> have a barbecue, if people want ☺ otherwise… I know a fair
> share of good (non-mediterran) gastronomy.

Sounds very good!

> porting, bugfixing in general, making new base tarballs/images
> (mine get old by now plus we have to make one for each init
> system now), maybe even d-i finally (if Stephen and Wouter
> help) with that debootstrap hack for “unreleased”?

Whoa, that would be awesome!

> Would be sort of nice to put faces to names, even though
> I’d probably not recognise most people the next time we
> meet (I’m bad with faces like that).

Absolutely!

> I’m even offering safe conduct to systemd fanboys… for
> this occasion. ☻

:P.

Adrian

--